TWSBI Vac700R Iris Fountain Pen
*Shipping begins on November 6.
In this latest release from TWSBI, the Vac 700R is getting a new look! In place of the regular chrome-coloured finish on the metal parts of the pen body and cap, TWSBI introduces a colourful iridescent finish for the biggest pen in their lineup. Not only are the regular pen parts coloured, the front edge of the nib is treated with the same finish. This pen is one-of-a-kind, no two pens look the same.
The Vac 700R fountain pen is the big brother of the Vac Mini. It features a piston mechanism that refills by simply pulling the piston up and pushing down. Inking up is much easier with the help of the TWSBI Vac 20A ink bottle, which is custom built for the Vac pens. The elegance and simplicity of this pen makes it stand out from our modernized writing instruments.
*The Vac700R is designed with an ink shut-off valve for easy carry and no mess on airplanes.
- Smoother threads that makes removing or putting the cap back on easier
- Secured screw-on cap to prevent accidental leakage
- The pen can be completely disassembled for easy cleaning
- Ink shut-off valve for safe air travels
- Can easily refill using the TWSBI Vac 20A ink bottle
Tips on choosing a nib size:
- EF = perfect if you tend to write small
- F = for a normal writer, F is the most popular option
- M = if you tend to write in bigger font, M will look good
- B = not your everyday writer, but great for making a statement or for signatures
- 1.1mm Stub = got a special card or invitation to write? This is the nib that allows you to write in a fancy italic style.
TWSBI is a well-known pen manufacturer based in Taiwan. Their goal is "to inspire and recapture the romanticism of art and literature... starting with the pen".
This is the first large fountain pen I have purchased. My other pen is a Kaweco Lilliput in copper. So I am not an aficionado or a collector. I bout this pen because it is beautiful, and use it because it feels perfect in my hand. The medium nib is fairly wet (my partner is a pen collector, so she told me what to say) and I prefer it on a smoother paper, such as Rhodia. It seems to flow over the page easily, with enough resistance to stay in control, if that makes sense. I love writing with this pen.
The pen itself is beautifully made and flawless in finish. The anodising on the metal parts is stunning. The surface of the pen is absolutely smooth and polished. The packaging is designed to hold the pen safely in transit. It includes a wrench and silicone grease and a pictogram instruction sheet. It was sent promptly and securely by the good folks at Inky Paw. I was surprised that I spent this much on a pen, but I am happy that I did. I also purchased the TWSBI Travel Ink Bottle, and it made filling the pen very straightforward. After I watched an online video. Apparently the secret is to turn the whole affair upside down when filling.
Many thanks to Inky Paw for the beautiful pen and top level service.
We Also Recommend
Pilot Vanishing Point Fountain Pen - Matte Black Barrel with Black Trim
TWSBI Diamond Mini White Rosegold V2 Fountain Pen