TWSBI Precision Gunmetal Fountain Pen
The TWSBI Precision fountain pen features a design that is very different compared to other TWSBI models. The pen barrel, cap, and grip section are made of brushed aluminum in gunmetal gray. The rest of the metal parts are made of stainless steel and brass. Like other TWSBI models, this pen uses a piston filling mechanism and has all detachable parts for easy maintenance. It is a reliable everyday writer.
There is a small ink window close to the grip to let you know when it's time to refill.
- Piston mechanism, easy to refill and high ink capacity
- Inner seal in pen cap to prevent drying out and leakage
- Full disassembly for easy cleaning
- Comes with a wrench and silicone grease in the pen case
Tips on choosing a nib size:
- EF = perfect if you tend to write small
- F = for a normal writer, F is the most popular option
- M = if you tend to write in bigger font, M will look good
- B = not your everyday writer, but great for making a statement or for signatures
TWSBI is a well-known pen manufacturer based in Taiwan. Their goal is "to inspire and recapture the romanticism of art and literature... starting with the pen".
I have this in Extra Fine, Fine, and 1.1mm stub. I use Noodler Bulletproof Black. On copy paper, I can see no line width difference between EF and F. The only difference I can detect is the ink flow on the F is enough to see sit on top of itself and result in a black line where no shading is visible. No ink pool on the EF and slight shading is visible. I prefer the EF, though the F feels a tiny bit smoother if you're really, really paying attention when writing cursive. Can't tell when printing or even when drawing long straight lines in any direction.
The stub is very smooth but I can't find much use for it. I got it out of curiosity.
The cap is a bit too heavy to write posted I think. I write without posting it.
We Also Recommend
TWSBI Diamond Mini White Rosegold V2 Fountain Pen
Pilot Vanishing Point Fountain Pen - Matte Black Barrel with Black Trim