TWSBI Vac Mini Smoke Fountain Pen
The TWSBI Vac Mini is a pocket-sized version of the Vac 700R fountain pen. It features a piston mechanism that refills by simply pulling the piston up and pushing down. Inking up is much easier with the help of the TWSBI Vac 20A ink bottle, which is custom built for the Vac pens. The elegance and simplicity of this pen makes it stand out from our modernized writing instruments.
*The Vac Mini is designed with an ink shut-off valve for easy carry and no mess on airplanes.
- Smoother threads that makes removing or putting the cap back on easier
- Secured screw-on cap to prevent accidental leakage
- The pen can be completely disassembled for easy cleaning
- Ink shut-off valve for safe air travels
- Can easily refill using the TWSBI Vac 20A ink bottle
Tips on choosing a nib size:
- EF = perfect if you tend to write small
- F = for a normal writer, F is the most popular option
- M = if you tend to write in bigger font, M will look good
- B = not your everyday writer, but great for making a statement or for signatures
- 1.1mm Stub = got a special card or invitation to write? This is the nib that allows you to write in a fancy italic style.
TWSBI is a well-known pen manufacturer based in Taiwan. Their goal is "to inspire and recapture the romanticism of art and literature... starting with the pen".
I bought this pen because I've always wanted to try a piston filler. I write a fair amount and it gets a little tiring to keep refilling the converter, and I don't like cartridges.
This pen writes butterly smooth straight out of the box, to the point that it felt a bit out of control on my smooth paper notebook. I bought a Broad nib because I already own a few Fine/Medium pens, but this turned out to be a little too broad for my writing. I'm not sure if my ink (Iroshizuku ku-jaku) has something to do with it, I'll try other inks to see if it writers a little dryer and narrower.
Overall, I'm really pleased with the pen. Perhaps I'll get another in Fine a little later.